02 January 2023

Makes of 2022

 Happy New Year

Last year was a year of many crafts so there may be more than one post in the next few days.

First one is a newish craft of ATC’s as I joined an internet group on the Townswomens Guild website.  I’ve quite enjoyed making the themed swaps and made me use a variety of different methods, so here are a few that I’ve made.

One theme was tea time, so I drew a Custard Cream biscuit, which I drew out first before painting the card and using brown fineliner pen for the detail. 

Another was a bit of a cheat as I scanned in the Christmas card and added snowflakes and glitter glue, which I mounted onto blue card.
Another was to do with weather and most of us in the group made rain related ones, including this one. I drew and coloured this rainbow umbrella and mounted onto grey coloured card with verse and Posca pen raindrops.
Below is a card based on nursery rhymes and this was Baa Baa Black Sheep and I used fabric sewn onto card with some linen for the bags into which I tucked some yarn and added a black felt sheep

So as you can see I’ve used a variety of techniques to make these little works of art.  Because of the postal strike, the swaps have been suspended for a while, but I hope January will bring a new theme.

With knitting, aside from my last post about the makes for Christmas I have made cardigans for me, Flo and Cecily. 

This cardigan below is from a pattern by Tin Can Knits and more details can be found on my post in April
I’m now knitting another in blue this time.


A second Spindrift scarf (pattern by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade)

Socks (pattern by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears)
Crochet Paperchains for Yarndale (pattern for knitted and crocheted chains on Yarndale website).
Tried a mosaic crochet blanket. This is Flora’s Fauna by Rosina Crochet, which I really enjoyed 


And thoughout the year there has been washcloths (by the Kitchen Sink shop, they are dishcloths but the designs are far too pretty to reside by the sink) below are just a couple of them.

There has been some sewing of course, but there has been less of it in the last year. I have been making some blocks for Siblings Together.




So the above were just a few of the blocks made last year.  Plus I made some for a mini block drive too, and these were a variation on the Plus block.  I have decided to step back from making blocks and concentrate on my own work.  But I may return to that in September/October.



After the Festival of Quilts I had a go at Julia Gahagan’s little kit and produced a flower mini quilt.


I had completed one quilt that had been hibernating in March


 and another in progress - the one below was being quilting, but is currently hiding in the naughty corner.  I must get that out and finish it!


I made a little pouch in a sew along. And for the first time in a long time I made myself a top.



So thats just a snapshot of some of the things made in 2022.  

The next time will be of places we have been to in the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts