14 January 2023

Old Stuff, New Stuff.

I’ve had cause to look at some old photos on Flickr (remember that? I think most people at one time had an account, before Facebook and Instagram. I mentioned about the bag below in my last post.


I had put some of my old challenges and and postcard swaps on my Flickr page and if you have a few minutes you can have a meander through my photos to here .   On there is a selfie photo from 2007, which I found this on the site…

And today I’ve taken a selfie photo.  Not so fresh faced as just over 15 years ago, but above was my first camera phone. Below is me with my new phone, which I updated yesterday (I’ve had others in between). My old iPhone had lasted me 8 years, so I hope this one lasts as well.  I kept it going for as long as I could but newer technology had forced a change. 


I’m currently working on a quilt as you go quilt, except the blocks have been made by me. I’m assembling    this ‘new to me’ project as someone has left the completed blocks and the fabric to put the sashing strips together.  I purchased the quilt pieces in a pack for just £3 but have no history as to why the maker got so far and stopped.  It may go to charity, possibly Linus or Quilts for Care Leavers. So here are some pics, the one below is on Sunday afternoon, when I joined 3 rows, there were another 4 to go.
And this is at this morning - all the rows were joined by Wednesday and I cut out strips to join together. The light is bad in this picture.
I hope I can make a start on joining this weekend.  Let’s see how it goes.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts