03 October 2024

Blimey, it’s October

 

I’m a bit late in posting my September makes.  Due to IOS 18 making things difficult with posting photos on my blog, now sorted, I seem to be late with posting.  Looking through my photos September consisted of getting a new carpet, making 2 quilt tops, starting a new crochet project and having lost a stone in weight.

I am using some blocks that I have in my stash that have been made into quilt tops and I’ve even sorted out some backing fabric ready to crack on with quilting this month. This is all from stash and the only extra I had to make was a cross block.

I also used a collection of fabric which I’ve had for some years and made a rail fence quilt.  I have a backing for that too.

So these will make 2 small quilts for Project Linus.

For the knitting I finished a jumper. My granddaughter received it yesterday and she loves the colours. This is Aurora by James C Brett and I used a plain raglan jumper pattern.

I liked the Aurora yarn so much I bought a different colourway to make a cardigan for my youngest granddaughter.  This has been useful car knitting on our holiday at the end of the month.

The colours I would call Unicorn, although the yarn company use a code rather than names for their colours. But so far I’ve done the back and one front and started on a second front.

Just before going on holiday I came across a Crochet Along that I had to have a go at, which was the Yorkshire Sampler CAL, by Meema Makes.  You can see my previous posthere. I’m quite enjoying making these squares and I’ve now finished a fifth (of the 12) square. This is the Yorkshire Rose, which I made in blue as the background of the Yorkshire flag is blue but a different shade.


At the end of last month I sent this ATC in the theme of Under the Sea
And had this in return from Judith 

And I also made a card.  Not sure what occasion I’m going to use it. 


All this as well as being on holiday for over a week but more of that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!