29 September 2024

In the Crochet Groove

 I’ve recently gone down a crochet rabbit hole by discovering a crochet designer called Emyleah Newbery of Meema Makes.  Her pattern, The Yorkshire Crochet A Long (CAL) is a sampler of granny squares which started back in the summer and I’ve joined this rather late. I started week before last week with this square .

I got on with another


Last week a third block was made


Then a fourth


And a fifth is in progress.  My intention was to use up some Stylecraft Special DK from previous blanket makings, but I’m now limited in colour variations.  Being on holiday in Northumberland last week I added  some new colours by visiting he local yarn shop in Amble, called Amble Pincushion, a lovely shop packed with yarn, fabrics and haberdashery. A real Aladdin’s cave.


More about my holiday soon and a trip to Yarndale. We’re finishing our holiday and travelling back home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!