04 April 2009

Mellow Yellow

After a weekend in Dorset last week, the first time we've visited the area since we moved to Yorkshire 5 months ago (where did the time go?), we've returned to work and had to catch up with things all week. So it was lovely to receive a quilt in the post, a lovely sunshiny yellow one, isn't it super? DH was working at home on Thursday, so he was able to pick up the package from the Post Office. The quilt was from Lucy, of My Byrd House, who's taken part in the Four Seasons Quilt Swap in which I'd made a quilt that I'd sent to Vanessa earlier in March (here's the link to my post about that quilt)

Inside the package was also this lovely batik fabric. This is called Solo by Timeless Treasures, which can be cut up and arranged to make different patterns. Seems a shame to cut it up!
By coincidence, on a yellow theme, I met up with Quarterjack Quilters, the group I used to belong to in Wimborne. Pat , the chairman of the group, demonstrated making this little bag, from one on Kumiko Sudo's patterns, on a spring theme with green and yellow, isn't it sweet. The little bit of blue shining inside the bag is a foil wrapped mini egg.This last photo shows the resulting postcards that were in progress from my last post. Suddenly realising that the last posting date for these were tomorrow (though no post on Sundays) I had to get them sent today. I did make 4 but only 3 were needed for this swap, so one extra will be kept as a sample.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work Sue,
    were off to Poole tomorrow for the day to catch up with the Family.
    have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts