20 September 2010

Still keeping busy

A postcard post this time.  I've come up with inspiration for the Bridges swap for the BQL postcard group.  I drew a bridge shape and Bondawebbed this onto light blue sky and dark blue water fabric with the addition of characters on top of the bridge.  I started with gardening children from a novelty fabric, but then found some others that were sort of the same scale as the cards I made, so there are elephants going over a bridge, a giraffe, and a zebra.  I know that wouldn't normally happen, but I am using my imagination here. Anyway with the addition of some green grass and flowers they don't look too bad.  So here they are before winging their way to their recipients.


I thought, while on the subject of postcards, show you my complete collection of purple postcards from last month, which was completed only recently.

I also had a postcard sent to me in error, on the theme of Ice from Jacquie.  I didn't take part in this and it was meant to go to another Sue. I hope to return the favour and send her a card in the future.


I've also received a couple of cards from the Bridges swap from Janet and Pauline

As a break from postcards yesterday I had a go at a block that I hadn't tried.  This was called Pineapple Plus from a book of the same name by Karin Hellaby of Quilter's Haven.  I bought this book at the Festival of Quilts.  It took less than an hour to make one block and all went together quite well with her method of quick piecing.  As I may be making a large quilt next year to replace the one currently on the bed in the main bedroom, this might fit the bill.


Onto something completely different, I thought I would let you know that there is a giveaway on Quilt Times of a book called "Tis the Season", so go over and have a look if you want a chance of winning this.  Ghastly thought though that Christmas is just over 3 months away! Where has this year gone.

1 comment:

  1. Your "Bridges" are wonderful. I specially love the giraffe. And your pineapples look great. It's not a block I've ever attempted, but might try one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts