14 March 2011

Working again

After 8 weeks of not working I have got a temporary job until July working in Dorchester.  A fair commute (25 miles each way) but for a few months it will do for now.  I started last Wednesday so on the Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday) I decided to take myself out to see something I'd not seen before - a pancake race. Always seen on the telly on the local news but never seen one "live" and there was one taking place in Wimborne.

It was a lovely sunny, if cold, day and the races started on the sheltered side of the minster so by the time I stayed for a while I was frozen! So here are some pics :-

Wimborne Minster
The Quarterjack in the tower
The Town Crier and his deputy
One of the pancake racers crossing the finish line
Wheelchair races
Last week I received my BQL Skinny Quilt from Vicky, a lovely black and bright quilt in a Baltimore style with applique and machine embroidery.  Really eye catching coloursand lovely work and it was a lovely surprise to see that come in the post.
And this weekend was taken up David decorating our bedroom.  After years of it being 2 shades of purple with a border at dado level it was high time for a change so this time a soothing cream colour and a chance to hang the wallpaper that we bought it the Laura Ashley sale back in January. We've just put this on one wall as a feature (perhaps I should have a taken a close up as the feathered swirls look like wiggly worms!)


This coming Saturday (19th) is International Quilting Day and I will be at Sturminster Marshall Village Hall, near Wimborne with the Bourne Quilters along with other quilters in the area after a two year absence.  My friends in Yorkshire will be holding their event in Barnsley, so if I don't blog before I hope that wherever you are that you will take some time on Saturday to enjoy your quilting along with others around the world.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wall paper, and congratulations on the job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job.

    Enjoy yourself on IQD.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts