02 December 2012

West Country Quilt Show

Here are some photos of our visit there yesterday.

There were quilts by Long Arm Machine Quilters
Damson Jam by Jan Chandler

Lovely limey green stars (didn't make a note of the quilter)

Pink floral quilt by Sue Sapsed of Quitessence

Swoon stars by Janie Rawthorn

A few quilts from some quilters in Bristol, viewers had to choose a favourite, here were some of my favourites here




Some quilts by Alicia Merrett, who also has an exhibition in Glastonbury


And some by Kaffe Fassett, who was doing a book signing of his latest book.

So this was a small selection of the quilts I photographed - the lighting was quite good at the venue.  Traders found this show a bit quiet, but as this was the first show I thought that it was quite good, no pressure to get to get to see all the quilts and traders.  Journey was a bit difficult through foggy country roads, but much better going back when the fog had lifted. 

No trip to a quilt show is complete without purchases, though and I bought fabric and a few other bits.

The shrink polyester looked really interesting, I think I'll have a go at that soon and let you know how I get on.

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win a series Gift Certificate to The Quilt Show, details here.

Just leave a comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts