06 July 2014

Bennetts Water Garden

I've been waiting a while to post this as David, Sarah and I visited the garden last Sunday, but I'd taken camera photos and this week we've had a bit of faffing around with computers, so it's taken until today.

Bennetts Water Garden is in Chickerell, near Weymouth and it holds the national collection of waterlilies  which grow in the ponds that were created from former clay works.  

Does that look familiar? The bridge was built to recreate Monet's garden at Giverny. Doesn't it look lovely?

And a gorgeous Japanese bridge and a lovely landscape.  Get ready for lots of waterlily pics
Some ducks and ducklings
The gardens are also a venue for weddings and there is a lovely summerhouse where the ceremonies take place. Sorry about the wonky picture.
Here's a pic of David and me on the Monet bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts