01 October 2014

Fresh Sewing Day - October

It's the last day of September as I'm typing this, which has been a busy month.  Finishing the temp job last week and starting a new job this week.  The evenings are drawing in so it makes the day seem to disappear quite rapidly.  I managed to do some bits and pieces in September though

From top right a Beach ATC for a Popular Patchwork ATC swap.  This little piece of applique is just 3.5" x 2.5".  I remade the borders for a sampler quilt (see Demolition Job) so its looking quite good, just have to sort out the backing fabric.  Bottom row is a boat block made for Bee Blessed and a drawing exercise, not knowing what else to draw at the time I used my workroom iron (its a small travel iron) as my muse.  And there's more
Digging out my Sizzix machine I took a large scrap of fabric, Bondawebbed it and after using the die I then ironed as positive/negative images onto a white background fabric.  The middle picture shows some aluminium shapes cut out on the Sizzix, I used a cleaned foil dish from a ready meal, not sure what I will do with those yet.  The pic on the right is a maple leaf block that I made from the September block instructions from Sew At Home Mummy's blog.

The Dress Up Dolly blocks are slowly progressing, taking it to Bourne Quilters to stitch.  All in all considering the work I seem to be getting something done. The only thing I didn't do was the circus theme challenge, I just wasn't inspired, but that's not bad.

For October? Hmm, having to think about that one.  I am going to the Dorset Area Day near Wimborne on Saturday and that will be followed on Sunday by a block printing workshop in Wilton, Salisbury by Jamie Malden of Colouricious.  I heard her speak in Exeter a few months back and so took the opportunity to book to go to the workshop, I hope it'll be fun.  There are a lot of Quilters' Guild events happening in the region this month but most will be in Devon.

I will try to get the backing sorted out for the quilt top.  I'd like to progress that more.

At the moment I'm not going to put pressure on myself as I settle into new job and will take my sewing opportunities as they come!

I'm linking with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day and if you've popped over to my blog from there - Welcome, I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.


Small Blog Meet

  

3 comments:

  1. You've had a busy month of sewing! Hope you enjoy the printing workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are so busy! Your blocks all look fantastic, thanks for linking up your maple leaf!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts