21 October 2014

Round the World Blog Hop

I've seen this going around other blogs that have been nominated, to answer some questions, the latest being Diane, The Cheshire Quilter, who invited others to join in.  So here are my answers to the questions wandering the blogosphere.....

What am I working on?

At present I have a few things in progress,  this is the latest quilt top

The jelly roll quilt which from my last post now has border fabric and the remaining 4 squares in the corners.  I took the photo while on the spare bed which isn't ideal so could only get the top corners in.

There is another quilt in progress too. I've got the backing, the wadding and binding is already to go, just to clear the dining table for clamping the pieces down and pinning together before I quilt.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I have a bash at anything and everything.  I am a very curious person and have always had an interest in how things work.  I don't fit myself into a particular category and can go from traditional to modern or contemporary.  I will put in other things that can enhance a quilt like adding embroidery, buttons, sequins.  I also enjoy colouring cloth, I don't use dyes but like to use fabric paints and the latest thing I like has been block printing. I went to a workshop where I block printed this calico apron. It's good to play!





How do I work/create what I do?

My friend Penny a while ago recalled that when I had a part time job and my children were younger I would use a 15 minute slot of time to do a bit of stitching so my sewing usually fits in around work.  I am lucky enough to have a sewing room so the sewing machine, an area for cutting and ironing is set up and ready.  Nowadays I like to have a weekend afternoon to turn on the radio and sew.


How does my writing/creative process work?

Thats a difficult one to answer.  I usually like something that I see and think I will have a go at that.  The past few years I've taken part in postcard swaps and this year I've participated in a couple of mug rug swaps and an ATC swap so its been the themes that have influenced my thoughts on what I want to make.  I have done some drawings to get the feel of what I want to do
Above is a selection of drawings and a cut out for a frame.

Thanks Diane, the questions have given me food for thought. Anyone else want to have a go?

1 comment:

  1. LOverly to see how others work! Hope the job is going well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts