28 May 2017

A Finish

My second finish for the second quarter of the Finish A Long has been this long slow quilt, purposely so to take some hand sewing to Bourne Quilters meetings.  This is the Doll Drss Up quilt, all finished.

This consists of 6 printed panels, 5 of which are shown here, which I embellished with embroidery, ricrac, lace and buttons. I then bordered with 1930's retro fabrics and hand quilted the backgrounds to the dresses with cross hatching.  I then made 4 Dresden Plate blocks which were also hand quilted with cross hatching.  In January when at Farnham Maltings I found some red fabric with white spots with was perfect for the binding strips to join the blocks together and binding the edges.

The only thing I though more about was the back.  As you can see I had the same fabric for 3 backs of three of them. I should have looked at different fabrics for the backs, but was too late to change this by the time I was putting the quilt blocks together.

The finished quilt is 38" square.  

As for block no. 6 of the 6 printed panels, this was made into a cushion last year.

Good to have this finished at last


  1. That is so pretty. I think the back just shows that it was handmade and you are human and it wasn't pumped out by a machine!

  2. This is a beautiful quilt. The block designs are fun and I love your fabric/colour choices :)

  3. Very pretty. The colours and fabrics you have chosen are spot on.


Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts