Sorry I've not blogged for a while but I've not had much to show for a while. This weekend, in spite of the heat (June has hotted up this last week) I've managed to get quite a bit done.
On my Finish a Long List is hexagons. One of The Bramble Patch subscription boxes contained 2 packs of 2.5" squares and a background fabric with instructions to make a table runner. This was going to be a slow project so wasn't fussed about getting the hexies joined together, but with going to Bourne Quilter's last week and Sewing Saturday yesterday afternoon followed by watching some You Tube videos this morning (Sew Sweet Violet podcast and Simply in Stitches sock tutorial) I got more stitching done than I thought.
The Bramble Patch instructions were for 3 long rows but I didn't want a lengthy runner so it'll be 5 short rows. I've used one pack of the squares, but will have to break into the second pack. The pack of papers were also supplied, they are 1" hexies and the good thing about the project is that the fabrics can just be wrapped around the papers and tacked, easy! I'm finding the sewing together surprisingly relaxing, so potentially this could be a finished project? Wait and see.
We've needed a new peg bag as the fabric on the one I've had for years has started to rot. They were furnishing fabric samples that were used with a coat hanger inserted and I don't know how many years ago I made that! So unpicking the pieces and using them as templates I used 2 teatowels from a pack of three from Primark, the third is being used as a tea towel, which were really bright and colourful. I cut the pieces out yesterday and sewn this afternoon.
Just a tad bright, should cheer up any washday! In spite of using the old fabric as a guide for cutting out I ended up with a shorter piece for the back. No problem, I just inserted a piece of the pink fabric in the middle and it actually looked a lot better for it. The tea towel fabric was a breeze to stitch through and at £3 for a pack of 3 it was a bargain make too.
Another finish is the beach hut cushion cover which was in progress in my last post. Here it is
And here again with the first cushion cover I made last month
And here are the backs
The envelope backs are a different orientation due to the cut of the fabrics, but they don't look too bad and I'm p,eased how they turned out. Only thing is I've borrowed the pads from other cushions to take the pics, so you can guess what my next task is!