17 June 2019

June's Musings

I should be outside enjoying what decent weather there has been of late, but instead I've been messing about in my sewing room.  Facebook made me do it.  There was a video clip of a woman making a 'rope basket' from fabric twine, you know the skinny lengths of fabric that are left after trimming off.
What fun it was to seek out the skinny bits from my scrap drawer and join up fabrics by twisting them together.  I also had a short go at coiling the fabric twine and trying to stitch together and I made a small coil until I got to a bit I couldn't join up!  Here's the result below, with the ball of twine on the left and the small coiled piece on the right.


I have now finished the strippy hearts quilt which I'm pleased with and is another tick off my Finish A Long list.  This quilt was started in October 2014, five years ago(in this post here)!  I woke it out of hibernation and as I had the backing for quite a while too.  From my last post I stitched circles in the main piece and in the black borders I used variegated thread to machine sew some wavy lines.


Next is my Kingfisher quilt, which was layered up last Friday, David was at Swanage Railway and it was a wet day so perfect weather for a job like that.

So this is how the Kingfisher looks

Pinned and tacked this will now be hand quilted using some variegated Perle threads to reflect the variety of colours in the hexies.

Saturday was a sewing gathering at Colehill and I didn't fancy taking the Kingfisher with me, so I had a couple of Project Linus quilt top packs to piece together, which kept me busy.

Yesterday, Fathers' Day, we had a gathering at my daughter Sarah's house, with a barbecue.  My granddaughter, Flo was born a year ago today, which last year was Fathers' Day.  At a year old she crawls at speed and is now standing supported by the furniture, but it won't be long until she takes her first steps unaided.  This was a photo that I took a couple of weeks ago when standing by the stair gate.


Its amazing how time flies!

I'll finish off this post with some flowers from the garden, which I took to Sarah yesterday, they were in a small vase until we went to hers.


The rain must be doing the garden a power of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts