01 June 2019

Still Keeping Busy

I've been a bad blogger, but as the title suggests, I've been keeping busy since our return from Nottingham. I've been sewing, knitting, crocheting and getting out and about too.

I have a finished quilt!  Just yesterday I finished off a small quilt (so it'll probably go to Project Linus)  made up of quilted orphan blocks.  I had enough to make 9 blocks for the quilt which I joined together with narrow sashing back and front to make it reversible.

 This is the front
And the back. so there is interest on both sides.
Originally a few of the blocks (the middle 3 and the middle block at the bottom) were made to contribute to a Soy Amado quilt, which was run by Little Island Quilting, but the lady (Alison, I think her name is) is no longer doing the quilts.  I made two Sweet Sixteen patch blocks, also a trip around the world (top left) and two from Benta of Slikstitches from a few years back, which I've bordered to make up to 12.5" square.

Knitting takes up the evening time and I also go to a Knit and Natter group on Canford Heath.  The TG group wanted blanket squares so I've knitted 3 so far which have been easy to do. Starting with one stitch and increasing by making an extra stitch in the beginning of each row. When I get to the right stitch count I change colour and decrease one stitch at the beginning of each row until one stitch is left. I keep some odd balls of double knitting so if I haven't got my own knitting to do I can always knit a square.


In June I should have the body of my cardigan finished and will have the sleeves and the button bands to do, but I have been slow in getting this done.  So long as I get that done before the autumn.

I've crochet a granny stitch shawl and almost got to the end of my Zauberball and it's crochet up nicely.  Now I have to finished the top when the rows have been turned

This month I've also been working on some EPP but with half hexagons.  I bought a pattern with the papers from Lina Patchwork and this stitching I took away with me when we went to Nottingham.  The patchwork is now on a backing fabric and is awaiting some quilting.  It is a little longer than I want for a table runner, usually I like to have a small runner just to have a bit of interest on the dining table.


I hope I can get this done in June.

Here's my Kingfisher quilt

I've finished putting all those little hexagons on the border fabric (I know, it didn't need it but I enjoyed adding them).  I've got wadding and I have got a pale yellow fabric which I hope is enough to back the quilt with and when I can I will layer this up ready to quilt.  In my previous posts, this is a slow quilt, so there will be hand quilting.

I've also made some blocks for the Siblings Together Bee group run by Jenny.  There wasn't a block request in May, but Jenny mailed last weekend for June's blocks.  I jumped in and made 4


But I didn't look at the pics properly and they should have been like this

I'll send both sets as the top ones can always be used in something.

I've also made  blocks for another block drive for Siblings Together this month, which I hope I can add to.

And now for something completely different

Baby hats and bibs!  These will be for my youngest granddaughter and was a kit that I bought from The Bramble Patch, when I was last there.  They are in a cotton jersey fabric and are lovely and soft, but the fabric curls up, which made it a little frustrating to cut out.  I've only sewn a small piece of jersey fabric once before to see how it goes, but not actual garments. so it was good to try this out.

Last year I had bought some fabric to make a t-shirt top, so given my new found confidence in sewing jersey fabric I must have a go at making it.

As you've already seen I've not been idle 😉!

Joining in with Mini Archie's May Furtle Around the Blogosphere

Archie The Wonder Dog

4 comments:

  1. What a productive month! Those bibs and hats are gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing your t-shirt top - maybe next month? And the Linus quilt is lovely - hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    Thanks for furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your half hexagon project - another pattern to add to my “would like to make” list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you have been busy and I love all your projects. My favourite is your EPP - what a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't want to see your table runner finished! I'm intimidated by jersey and can't wait to see how your projects turn out! Happy Furtling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts