30 June 2019

Some Bits and Bobs

Yesterday I went to a small local quilt exhibition at Burton, near Christchurch organised by Winding Ways Quilters.  My Mum wasn't able to go because of the heat but I took photos so I could (sort of) bring the exhibition to her. It was a little difficult to take photos due to the lack of space, but there was some lovely work.  The hall had a garden in which you could have tea and cake and enjoy the small bunches of flowers at the table.  Never thought of using an old glass spice jar as a vase!



Inside were some lovely quilts too





And more outside too

 Even quilted kites arranged over hosepipe!!
And a baby quilt in amongst the trees!

It was a lovely show thats to Winding Ways

This week has also seen another (unexpected) finish as I dug out a project from a couple of years ago when I bought a pattern from Sew and Quilt called a Handy Huswif which is a long, hand sewing organiser.  I'm not sure why I let this project hibernate but just decided I would crack on and get it finished.  I was brave enough to manage to put in the two parts of a magnetic closure, something I've not tried before.  The Huswif was not difficult to do, just taking care to follow the instructions carefully. Inside, top picture in the left are two small pockets with a red felt needle minder, above the zip is a clear vinyl pocket next is a scissor holder with flap.  The bottom photo shows the Huswif closed up with the magnetic clasp.


I went to Bourne Quilters on Thursday evening having got as far as machine sewing the binding strip around beforehand so I could hand stitch the binding to the outside.  So I'm really pleased it's finished.

That evening I was hoping for more instruction about a pincushion project but because other discussions took over.  One Friday morning though after looking for ideas to finish this I just decided that I would treat the two parts of this separately and join together.


It's a pretty big pincushion and it wasn't easy to hold in my hand and take photo with the other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts