16 October 2019

Finish A Long - Quarter 4

After my flurry of posts at the beginning of this month, the finishes from quarter 3 of the Finish A Long passed me by and it's now time to post my proposed finishes for quarter 4.

On my list is a cardigan, which should have been finished but is hibernating having had more socks knitted, a small cardigan for Flo (in time for her christening last Sunday) and 2 more crochet teddies (as requested by one of the Knit and Natter ladies).  I wasn't happy with the length so I took it back to lengthen, but I've now got to pick up the button and button bands to finish.



I've still got the Tubix quilt and the Kingfisher quilt, but since the last quarter there has been progression and both have been layered and tacked (basted) and I have started quilting - the Tubix by machine.



And the Kingfisher quilt


More recently I've taken part in a Scrap Busting Sew Along by Sugar Bowl Crafts and made this strippy block quilt top.  At the moment I'm not sure if it needs a border, possibly using a mix of low volume strips which I've had left over from the Kingfisher quilt.  Need to think about that one.


Also ongoing, but no hurry for that is the Bramble Patch mini quilt kit based on Lucy Boston's Patchwork of the Crosses which I purchased at Festival of Quilts back in August.  This is my progress so far. A bit creased as the project has to fit in the box with all the other bits and bobs in the kit.  It's square at the moment but the blocks will be set on point so there are 8 half blocks to make.



I will have some small Christmas projects to do so I'm taking a few items off the list until next year as I don't want to overwhelm myself with getting other things done.  If they've waited long enough a little longer won't hurt.

So this is my listing for Quarter 4 of the Finish A Long.

finishalong logo 200px

1 comment:

  1. What fab projects you have in the works! I really love your knitting too! I haven't knit in so long and this is totally giving me the urge ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts