02 December 2019

A November Furtle

Running a little late as November seemed to flash by and now in the second day of December!  November is a busy month with birthdays (including mine last week on Thanksgiving Thursday).

I've started on two new projects in November, one is a new pair of socks (what, another pair!).  I had the yarn since February from Giddy Aunt yarns which has a bit of Stellina sparkle and used this to make Winwick Mum's Easy Cable socks.  It does look lovely

I have gone past the heel shaping which is shown above and I had got down as far as the toe shaping when I realised I had more stitches on one needle than the other.  A fair bit of un-knitting back to the instep gusset to make sure I decreased back to the right number of stitches before re-knitting the foot. I didn't show the cabling, which is on the front of the sock.

I'm using a stitch marker to keep track of the number of rows before doing the cable, there's a cable front and a cable back on this sock.  I'm on a coach trip tomorrow so there will be plenty of knitting time to get more done.

Last week I started a sewing project. - Luna Lapin.  I bought the book months ago from The Works and meaning to have a go at making, when I saw that Cool Crafting had kits for sale to make the rabbit when I was at Yarndale.  The kit includes everything, even needles, pins and thread.  It would also have come with the stuffing too but I had plenty of that at home.

I've cut out and got as far as making the ears and attaching the fabric feet to the legs but seems she will be fun to sew.



I've started to plan projects for the New Year as I've been very tempted by Lucy of Attic 24's new Crochet A Long starting in January called the Dahlia blanket.  The blanket will have a home when finished as my daughter Sarah will have it.  And naughty Facebook had a suggested post called Knit in a Box, a knitting subscription box.  I didn't sign up for that but I did see a past box on their website that had a Stylecraft pattern and yarn but it was out of stock.  I found out what number the pattern was and that and some yarn went into my Wool Warehouse basket too!  I wanted to make a red cardigan and I liked the style too, which has patterning down the sleeves.  I'll show another time.

The December madness of Christmas shopping and getting ready for the big day has started.  I made a Christmas cake yesterday, so that's a start.  Meanwhile I am linking up to Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere.


Archie The Wonder Dog

I hope you have a bit of crafty time amongst all the Christmassy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts