24 December 2019

Happy Christmas

Before I write any more I'd like to wish all my readers a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas.

Above is the completed Crochet Advent Wreath that I have made during the course of December.  You will be able to see this in progress on my Instagram account which I am linking here.  I've had a lot of fun making this and putting items on this day by day.  There were some exceptions but I have mainly stuck to a daily schedule.

Here are a few pics of the progress (totally random)








The patterns mostly come from the book of Crochet Wreathes and Garlands by Kate Eastwood  plus her  Brussel spout pattern which is linked from the sidebar on her blog.  I've also used free patterns from Lucy of Attic 24 blog for the small baubles (at the top), hellebore (the purple flower),  snowflake (at the bottom) and the tiny hearts. I made my own up for the winter jasmine (the small yellow flowers) and the Christmas presents next to the snowflake at the bottom of the wreath.  There is also a bell which I found on Pinterest which is by Atty Van Norel.  The wreath came from Hobby craft and the cotton yarn I used was from various sources but mainly Rico Ricorumi, Schepjes Cotton or Sirdar Happy.

I've also finished a pair of socks for Christmas.  These are a pair of Easy Cable Socks from a pattern by Winwick Mum and knitted in Giddy Aunts sock yarn in Ooh La La colour way with Stellina.


I really liked the soft peachy/pink and blue in the socks with that little bit of glitter and can really recommend the pattern which I enjoyed making.

Not to rest on my laurels, there is a new cast on for today (Christmas Eve) and I intend to start on a new cardigan.  On my Facebook feed there was an advert for a knitting subscription box and a past box that this company advertised was no longer available but I did like the pattern.  So I ordered the pattern (which was available as a pdf) and some red yarn from the Stylecraft Bellisima range.  I ordered this the same time as the Dahlia yarn pack ready for the new Attic 24 Crochet Along which starts in January from the Wool Warehouse.  So as you will gather, there will be plenty to keep my busy.
Lastly, as well as the folded patchwork Christmas pudding that comes out every year since it was made I went out in the garden this morning and collected some herbs for tomorrow's dinner.  They looked and smelt so lovely they had to join our table.


HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts