01 February 2020

Furtling in January

January has been a long month, but a productive one.  With a lot of grey days making one want to hibernate and retreat to the sewing room.  There were some lovely cold days too and having to make the most of them.  Best of all the days are lengthening out.

So what have I been up to.  Well I made a dress for my Luna Lapin rabbit, which you've seen on my header.  The rabbit was made between Christmas and New Year and I've made a pair of felt shoes, but not sure if I like them or not, but she doesn't seem worried by it.

The crochet along had started for the Dahlia Blanket from Lucy of Attic 24.  This is an earlier pic when I'd not long started the blanket

And here's a pic I took this morning (excuse my foot!) and I'm up to colour change 54, or a few rows into part 4 of the mixed colour changes. A little behind as the crochet a long is now on week 5, but there's no pressure. So that's coming on.
I've also made reasonable progress on my cardigan too, knitting that in between crocheting the blanket.  Having knitted both fronts, this week I started on a sleeve.


On the sewing front I made a couple of blocks for Siblings Together


I made a postcard on the theme of 'To Infinity and Beyond'. Later after sending I received one in return.  The swap was with Adelle from Devon.  Her's is at the top, mine underneath (but I didn't correct the sideways look.


did some shadow appliqué at West Country Embroiderers.


Made a dent in my Finish A Long list with a finished quilt, which I posted about here.


Last Sunday I made a Lola pouch (which I posted about in the link above) and really impressed how it went together. This is a paid pattern by Sotak Handmade.


And yesterday I made a peacock!  The kit was a Christmas present from Christmas before last from my granddaughters. The kit, by Corinne Lapierre was complete but the cutting out pattern to me seemed small and I wanted to make him bigger so I increased the size by 150%.  The open fan then was a bit big, so going back to original pattern it was increased by 120%, which was just right.  I added to the embellishment with sequins and a beady eye.

So I've made the peacock picture my monthly marker for February.

But it's not all about the making.  In January we had to make the most of the sunny days and David and I took a short break, staying overnight in Torquay and enjoying a cold but sunny afternoon at the model village in Babbacombe.






Joining in with Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere
Archie The Wonder Dog

4 comments:

  1. All fabulous I especially love your Lola pouch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy! Loving your Dahlia blanket - I follow Attic 24 although I don't crochet, lol.
    You have also reminded me that I should make some more clothes for my Luna Lapin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many fabulous projects !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and busy month you’ve had! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts