30 June 2020

Furtling in June

June May have been only 30 days but they’ve been busy ones. We’ve had socially distant visitors and socially distant visiting has been done too.  The sunny weather has helped a bit with this.  I’ve finished now with the mask making and I wrote about it here . 

I’ve also been busy with some crochet finishes of little kits, some sewing of a new pouch and quilt blocks and started a new knitting project.  There’s been some books read with my half hour daily reading sessions too. 

This month I made up the two kits (left) from Crochet Now from a few years back of Brian the Brown Bear and Henry the Hedgehog. On the right I’ve finished off kits in progress from Little Box of Crochet of an Entrelac Tunisian crochet pouch and a Toft cockapoo.  The animals all like of an little corner shelf along with my small flock of sheep.

I’m continuing with my Höstfägring shawl by In the Spring Garden which is growing quite large.  I finished part 5 yesterday so just part 6 to go. Excuse the other items on the floor.  This has been worked in a Stylecraft Batik Swirl yarn cake together with a mustard yellow ball of Batik yarn. This next part will create the point on the other end of the shawl.
I also decided to finished the Attic 24 Neat Ripple blanket.  This is a lap sized one which finishes at 36” wide by 40” high.  There’s still some yarn left to make another, but I may make a corner to corner blanket.


A new start, knitting this time the Spindrift shawl, designed by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade, here.  Progressed a bit more than in the photo below. Using the Wild Strawberry yarn from Sherry Iris that I bought last month.


June also saw some progress on the Youngish Quilter quilt, but I’ve still got one more block to make and to put together, so that will be sorted next month I hope. 



Another bit of sewing had been a fabric postcard for the UKQU postcard swap on the theme of two colours. It was posted on Friday and I’m awaiting a postcard.

I started on another new project (oh dear!). I like the Sew 4 the Soul project by Anne Brooke of Hannemade .  This is to make a wadding book and decorating the pages with fabrics and embellishments.  I’ve enjoyed the You Tube videos describing her work process. Due to lockdown I’ve been using what I’ve had to hand rather than buying so I spent a couple of hours joining small pieces of wadding to make the pages, instead of chopping up a larger piece into pages. The wadding will be covered so it won’t matter. Catching up with buying wadding, Bondaweb and other bits and bobs may be in order next month.


Blimey, June was flipping busy! I’m linking in with  Mini Archie’s June Furtle Around the Blogosphere . 



3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of crochet you’ve managed! I adore Brian in particular! And your postcard is fabulous, I bet the recipient will be thrilled when that drops through the door. Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms* Thanks for furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly were so busy. Envy your crochet skills and really like the Tunisian pouch.
    So many lovely things and I love that you keep starting new ones, I can identify with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely items, great crocheting! Love the shelf of sheep!!! Well done on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts