31 October 2021

October Finishes and Furtling

 Autumn has finally arrived, with windy and rainy weather and the trees losing their leaves.  I’m cosying in the evening with the Yuletide blanket on my lap as I’m working on it. It’s now 128cm (just over 50”) square, so it’s getting really big. I’ve just finished round 66 of 78 and that’s before 7 border rounds.  So I will do another 3 and measure up to see how far I get with this.  I’m loving the rich colours in this blanket.   

Can you see my mini Aria blanket folded up behind.

The sunshine has cast a couple of lines of light on the blanket.  The yarn kit is from Wool Warehouse and is designed by Lucy of Attic 24 (but you knew that already!).

Off my needles after a little hibernation is my jumper which is called the Summerdown top by the Woolly Badger .  I’ve knitted this in King Cole Bamboo Cotton, which really was the wrong choice, but I wanted something light for summer (which has now passed), but there’s next summer…. I loved the lace pattern that runs down the sleeves and I made the body length a bit longer. 


I have tried it on and it fits well, but I have to wash and block first, which I will do this week.  The yarn, as I said was the wrong choice, although it drapes well,  it’s a very splitty yarn and not brilliant to work with.  I might try a soft cotton yarn next time.  I enjoyed the construction of the jumper, which is knitted down from the lace panels and I will make another. 

Also off my needles is Flo’s cardigan from a pattern by Hobbycraft and made previously for Cecily.  This one is in Stylecraft Special DK, green with blue bobbles, 


Another finish after years of hibernation is my Tubix Quilt!  🎉🎉🎉. It’s been on my Finish Along list for ages.  I layered it up last year (maybe year before) with backing and wadding and tacked it together and earlier this year decided to use multicolour thread to quilt with serpentine stitch by machine, then used the backing to bring over to the front to bind the quilt. Left for a bit longer and this week decided on green variegated thread to do serpentine stitching around the borders.  This quilt design is by Sue Abrey (@quilt Sue on Instagram).  It’s a good single size quilt at 70” x 50” and I’m not sure where it is destined yet, but will figure that out next year.  It is done, which is the main thing. I like the blocks and will probably make another but not so big.


Above is a close up of part of the quilt.

A little project that I’ve made is a pouch for David’s tablets as he has one of those 7 day am/pm containers, which on trips away went in a padded envelope. It’s not a good look, so I made a zippy pouch.



That didn’t take long to do.  Another small project made were these two hearts, the filling of which used up some scraps of polyester wadding, for Region 4 of the Quilters’ Guild.  The was a meeting in Blandford (which I couldn’t go to) but I had the pattern. These are for breast cancer patients at Dorset  County Hospital in Dorchester as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I hope to make a couple more and be able to take to the coordinator this week,


A couple of blocks made for the Siblings Together block mama for this month



So that’s October.  Still keeping busy. 

Joint Mini Archie’s Furtle Around the Blogosphere here 



2 comments:

  1. My, what a busy and productive furtle! I love all the projects you’ve worked on/finished in October, but the bobbly cardi has my heart, I bet Cecily loves it! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finishes! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts