19 March 2022

International Quilting Day - Saturday

 I’ve been busy working on a quilt that has been languishing and time to get it done.  Last year I had wedges of pink fabric cut out from several years ago when kaleidoscope/stack and whack projects were started at Bourne Quilters.  I had some black floral print fabric which contrasted well with the shocking pink.  You will see one block on my header above.

These blocks sat for a while until I got them out again with a third fabric, with specks of pink and purple (amongst other colours) that would contrast well and decided to make sashing with this.  I also made a ninth block and I decided on a Dresden Plate and made the ‘plate’ yesterday.

By now I’m getting a little short on the black fabric so 2 pieces were joined together to make the background for this. I sewed the plate onto the background this morning while watching the Region 4 Zoom coffee morning.  This morning involved a talk my Erica Manser of The Quilting Studio, Plymouth, which was about her set up and how she loads quilts onto her machine and a lot more info that one wouldn’t have thought of when getting a quilt long armed.

This afternoon I joined into rows.

The rows have yet to be joined,  but it will be Monday or Tuesday’s job. During this afternoon I’d been watching You Tubes with the The Idiot Quilter, This Quilting Life and Alex Anderson

So I didn’t start anything new, but pleased to make good progress and hopefully this quilt will hibernate no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts