17 March 2022

International Quilting Day

Saturday 19 March is International Quilting Day.  There’s more information about it here .

Back in 2004 my friend Brenda and I started what was to become 4 years of a day for local quilters to get together and celebrate.  It was then taken on for a few more years by Pauline’s Patchworks of Dorchester, but stopped some years ago.  There have been a few sewing days on that day in subsequent years but very low key.  When I briefly lived in Yorkshire quilters’ days were started there to celebrate Quilting Day, which still goes on now, but unfortunately by the time that happened I returned back to Dorset!

This year I will join in the Quilters’ Guild regional coffee morning on Zoom and I hope to start to put together another languishing quilt top, or I may start something new - who knows?  Look out for some free shows on The Quilt Show and there’s always several quilting videos on You Tube to watch. 

Anyway, what ever you do enjoy a day dedicated to quilting.



1 comment:

  1. well IF an excuse to sew was needed .. there it is x Have fun x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts