26 March 2022

Trundling towards the end of March

 Deadlines.  Getting blocks done and sent off to this month’s block Mamma, with a Ukrainian coloured theme.  Thinking there may be displaced families coming to UK and needing quilted comfort. 

Based on a block by Blossom Heart Quilts these blocks put together create a secondary pattern, so pop over and have a look.

Cut of date for next week is the latest ATC swap on the online TG group.  This time it’s daydreams.  It’s one of those that I knew what I wanted to do but it was a different matter in reality. I have taken photos looking through the tree canopy up to the sky. And this is what I’ve sewn.


I used blue fabric (a leftover piece from the quilt blocks, above) as a background sky and used a confetti of green fabric scraps for the leaves. I free machined the branches before scattering the leaves and free machined the leaves after.  Here’s the back of the piece.

Actually that looks more interesting, but that’s now been covered with card to write on. The card was stitched on, so I could write details.  I usually make two cards and the one above is the second attempt.The first one I had scattered the confetti a bit thick so I then knew I didn’t need much to get the effect I needed. 

The kaleidoscope quilt top is done and now decisions about backing to decide.  I’ve now run out of the black fabric and have got a large amount of the pink with holes cut out, so I can use that for sides, top and bottom for binding.  I have bought another piece of black but not big enough as I didn’t measure before purchasing.  I went to Bourne Quilters yesterday who suggested piecing the back with what I have left, but  I don’t fancy that.  So the quilt top might hibernate for a bit - not too long, I hope.

The top looks good, though.

My cardigan continues to grow as I’m past the neckline shaping it’s just plain knitting with garter stitch edges and I’m pleased how it’s going. 

Still keeping busy.

1 comment:

  1. you have certainly been busy x LOVE the pink x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts