22 June 2022

Mid June Musing

 This month so far has been a strange one.  We didn’t join in any Jubilee celebrations.  Had a flying visit to South Wales to go to a funeral. Last week had a few trips to Dorchester as granddaughter wasn’t well (but better now)  and in between have managed a few things here and there.

I finished a cardigan for Flo.  I thought I lined up the stripes well on the fronts but they just wouldn’t play ball when getting the button/buttonhole bands done,  but she like it so that’s ok.  I’m making another, in different yarn for Cecily so I shouldn’t have that problem.

I’ve also make some crochet chains for Yarndale’s community project, which raises funds for Yorkshire Air Ambulance.  The cost of postage was really expensive so I think this may be the last time I send anything like that again, but I had fun making the chains, quick and easy to make.

Another thing that took a while to make and is my latest ATC in a swap organised by the TG internet group.  The theme this month is desserts and I came up with the idea of making strawberries and blueberries Pavlova.  It took 4 attempts to get to one that I liked to send! The first isn’t shown here. Below is the one that I sent to swap.  I used white tissue paper, torn and layered onto card with blue and red dots onto a pink colour wash card.  
This was one of my attempts from earlier, so I can keep a record of what I’ve made.  The other two were didn’t work out, but that’s they way it goes.  What you have in mind doesn’t always work out practically.

Another thing I’ve made this week has been decorating a bottle and I’m really impressed with this. 

Our local Townswomen’s Guild group has a little subgroup called Hotchpotch crafts and this used acrylic paint, a napkin (with the butterfly) and glittery Mod Podge. It was a really enjoyable workshop and we were all impressed by what we’ve made.  Even more impressive was the glow of the lights inside when it was dark.

And yesterday another pair of socks was completed.  These Moonstruck socks designed by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears.  I had enough of the pink West Yorkshire Spinners yarn in stash to make these.  I am a patron of the Bakery Bears podcast so this pattern with accompanying tutorials was for patrons.  I had to work the pattern from a chart, which was easy once I got the hang of the symbols used, so a good pattern.


I’ve now picked up a shawl project which has been hibernating for a while so I’m cracking on with that.  I hope I can share that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts