30 June 2022

A June Furtle

June had some finishes, but not of the quilty variety, but knitting and crochet ones.

I managed to finish off Flo's cardigan in my last post has details about that.  Also did a short ptroject making chain bunting for  Yarndale.


I finished a pair of socks.  There were the Moonstruck socks a patron pattern by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears.  I had some pink West Yorkshire Spinners yarn, which saved me buying new yarn.  I liked the instructions, which were backed up by tutorials and I knitted the socks two at a time.
Another knitting finish, just completed a few days ago is the Spindrift Shawl, a pattern by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade. This is a free pattern available by signing up to her newsletter.  The yarn is by Lay Family Yarn, from a few years ago (2017, I think) when they dyed a colour way called Crocus.  I started to make a shawl and then frogged it.  I started on the Spindrift earlier this year and it hibernated for a while, then just a few weeks ago I picked it up and got it done.  This will go nicely with the yellow lining thats in my navy raincoat.  In the picture below its been washed and blocked, though I've still to weave in the ends.

A section of the knitting, with its lovely purple/orange speckles will be on my July marker.

Last Friday I started a sparkly new crochet project after I saw it on the Wool Warehouse website, called Flora's Fauna. I purchased the small blanket in the Meadow colour way

Flora's Fauna CAL Small Blanket by Rosina Plane - Meadow in Stylecraft (Special DK)

(image from Wool Warehouse)

On looking at this further this designed by Rosina Crochets and is a technique called Mosaic Crochet (more details via her website) with demonstrations on You Tube.  This is a CAL (crochet a long) running from mid June to August.

My progress by Wednesday, was to have finished the lady birds, which was the first part. 

The second part of the pattern was released last Friday featuring snails and hedgehogs, which is quite a large section of which I'm just 7 rows in.  It does take a while to get the hang on this as I'm following the charts and written instructions to make sense of it, but as a first attempt at this technique, I think I'm doing well.

Embroidery this month was a Tree of Life pattern by one of the ladies in the Poole group.  Unfortunately just after the demonstration of what we had to do, I had a phone call to collect Flo from Pre-School as she wasn't well.  But doing a bit each day over a couple of weeks I got this sewn and mounted onto mount card, so I'm pleased I've got this done.  Flo is ok now but she was on antibiotics all that week.

My ATC for this month was on the theme of Desserts.  My take on this was a Strawberry and Blueberry Pavlova (after trawling through Pinterest for inspiration.  I used some white tissue paper for the rough meringue and dots of painted red and blue paper for the berries.  It did take me four attempts to get what I wanted but it turned out ok.


Another crafty thing I tried was making a bottle light with the Hotchpotch crafts, which used acrylic paints  decorative serviettes, Mod Podge glue to stick and seal the decorated bottle and a LED lights.  The little group of us impressed ourselves with what we made.


And it looked more impressive at night

So that's what's kept me busy in June.  I hope you've had a busy one too.

I'm joining in with Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere with Archie the Wonder Dog.

Archie The Wonder Dog


1 comment:

  1. Flo’s cardi is gorgeous and the yarny chains are such a good idea and will be a lovely addition to Yarndale. I can’t quite believe how much you’ve got done this month - was your June longer than mine by about three months?! Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts