08 July 2022

July and 900th Post.

 

This month’s marker was from the knitted fabric of the shawl I finished last month.  Although spring colours (the yarn colourway is crocus) I just love the pops of purple in this. 

July has had a slow start and I’ve not been up to much. I’m continuing in the Flora’s Fauna blanket and by Wednesday finished part two, which has snails and hedgehogs in this section.


The next section has acorns and is worked in the two yellow colours, though I might change is acorn seed to green with the pale yellow background, but I’ve got a bit of time to work that one out.

I’ve started on another cardigan, this time for Cece.  Same pattern as for Flo’s (by Sirdar) cardigan finished last month.

I’ve been starting to think about Christmas and the groups that I go to I would often make something small instead of giving Christmas cards. Last year I made some needlecases using fabric selvedges.  I’ll be using larger scrap fabrics to make small items this year, so I’m pleased I have a plan in place to make a few items at a time.

I have made a decision about making blocks for Siblings Together and this month will be the last time of block making.  I’ve been doing this for several years and time to take a break.  I will still look out for mini block drives but don’t want to commit to making blocks each month now. 

Today David and I went to our local NT haunt at Kingston’s Lacy near Wimborne.  Always lovely to visit and as a really hot day an opportunity to have ice cream.  The flowers in the gardens are gorgeous,






As I said it’s a hot day and even the sheep were in the shade and moaning how hot it is ( they’ve been shorn too!).


It’s my 900 th post (sorry no giveaway).  I keep the blog going as a journal mainly of makes and although I’m a bad journal keeper, as diaries remain unfilled, I seem to like keeping track this way.  So looking forward to 1000th post in a year or two.  A lot of people have moved away from blogs to more immediate media or video blogs but I’m happy to keep going as long as Google keeps going with blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts