31 July 2022

July’s A-Furtling

 The big project this month making a lot of progress is the Flora’s Fauna crochet blanket, which I started in June.  Most evenings have been spent crocheting this CAL and despite starting a week later I’ve not caught up but always been consistently a week behind, but that doesn’t matter.  I’d joined the Rosina Crochet Facebook group and seen some lovely examples of this blanket. Some have used own yarn choices, some the kits.  

Here’s this morning’s photo of where I’ve got up to

Above the leaves section there will be owls, after that a narrow band of butterflies. So it will be a fair size blanket.  I am amazed at how the design is worked out and the effectiveness of the yarn domination by working into either the back or the front of the stitches. A really good design.

So for the finishes.  I started and finished a top for myself and worn it twice already! 

It was a top that was far too big at the front so I made a please at the neckline and used a button to disguise. I’ve put more detail in my last post and yes, I will be making another blouse.

I’ve made my last blocks for a while for the Siblings Together quilt bee as I’m giving that a rest for a while.  The blog mama asked for these heart blocks,

And a bonus block for me (that will join my orphan blocks).


A bit of paper/fabric crafting with this ATC (small postcard 2.5 x 3.5”) on the theme of nursery rhymes.  I’ve got a break from ATCs this month.


Baa baa black sheep and I had in return Little Miss Muffett, made by Ivy


I was sorting through my paper crafting stuff and found designs that matched to make a new home card for a friend who is hoping her move will happen soon (house moves seem to take a long time to get done nowadays).

Another washcloth has been made, so that was a quick project.  I’m gathering quite a collection now.

It is the House of Styles dishcloth and although it may look grey in the photo it is a lovely delicate blue Hobbycraft It’s Only Natural cotton blend yarn.

So that’s my finishes.  For August I hope to get a baby cardigan done for the local baby bank, more progress on Cece’s cardigan (only the backs been made). I should have finished the FF blanket too and there may be a new sewn top now that I’ve made one already. I will have to get a wriggle on with my black/pink quilt (still not finished that).

Looking forward to Festival of Quilts next month- it’s been a long time since I’ve been there and looking forward to that and other places to go while in the area.  We will be staying in Bromsgrove so not too far away from Brum. Quarterjack Quilters will also have a small exhibition near Wimborne and there is an Arts and Crafts exhibition in Wareham to look forward to as well.  So much going on, will I get the time?

Joining in with Mini Archie’s July Furtle Around the Blogosphere. 

Archie The Wonder Dog

3 comments:

  1. It seems I’m not the only one to have had a very busy July! The FF blanket is gorgeous, I can’t wait to see the next instalment and am also looking forward to seeing your next sewn top for you - have you got a fabric/colour in mind? I’m off to read about the first one now, thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:13 pm

    What lovely progress, and you will be at FOQ me too! I am so looking forward to it, i love Floras fauna crochet blanket, what a sweet pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, what progress!!! Fantastic job. Love the button coverage on the blouse. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts