06 August 2022

August

 This is my monthly marker for August

I loved the colours of the Stonewashed yarn that it features in my marker this month.  I’ve been having a sort out of various projects - some finishing off, some repairs. So for me this month will be (hashtag) odd jobs august.  See how much I get done!

First off  this Sew Together bag by Sew Demented, most of which was completed several years ago in this lovely hexagon fabric. It just needed top stitching on the zipper tape and tabs on the ends of the zip, all that time and I did those jobs in a couple of hours!  Why I hadn’t finished the job in the first place, I don’t know.

Next on Tuesday was this mini log cabins bag which I want to use at Festival of Quilts later this month, but I needed to lengthen the straps to make it a cross body bag.  I made this as part of a challenge in 2008 and I posted about the making of this here and here.  I found some old Makower Spraytime fabric that matched in. 


I undid the seams on the original straps and joined the new fabrics (the darker rust fabric)  in between and topstitched.  Job done. I did a selfie using my phone and using the shutter timer on my watch - a bit of fun and it worked. 

Next on my virtual list - as in I’ve not written a list, was a knitted owl in tinsel yarn. I no longer have the pattern and the body of the owl had the eyes, beak and feet inside it.  So I stuffed the body then sewed the feet and details for the eyes before sewing onto the owl.  I think maybe I should have added the details before stuffing, but never mind, it went together ok.  Another job done.  Think I’m on a roll here.

The pattern is by King Cole, who also manufacture the yarn and I used the image as a guide. They all look a bit quirky and this one’s no different!
Next on my list will be replacing a broken zipper on a vinyl pouch.  I want to try and clear as many tricky problem projects when I’ve got so far and stopped as I can, to clear my sewing room and my brain! 

And this is progress on my Flora’s Fauna blanket. Done the owls, next comes the butterflies, which has less rows.  Unfortunately I can’t upload a photo, but progress is being made.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 pm

    You certainly are on a roll ! Well done your bag looks great … and will be SUPER useful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts