20 October 2022

October Meanderings

Last week I got out my paper crafting stuff and made a couple of ATCs (one to keep, one to send) with the theme of decoupage.  I have some fancy serviettes, which when the plies are separated has a fine printed top layer that can be overlapped, which I did with the Agapanthus background. The bird was from another serviette layered onto card, the flowers layered on top of that. The layers were painted over with Mod Podge glue to seal the surfaces,

The one above is the card I kept.  The card below has been sent.

I received my swap card from Marie and below it’s pictured with my card.

The local Townswomen’s Guild had a charity meeting this Thursday which gives me cause to make a few bits and pieces.  I have some Christmas fabric to use up and some Christmas coasters were easy to make so that took up some Friday afternoon cutting out and sewing. These sold well last year, so hope will be sell ok, which they did.



I found a few pieces of pelmet Vilene and with some fabric scraps I made a few bookmarks and most of them sold as well.  I haven’t been sewing for a while and the bookmarks and coasters were a good ‘palate cleanser’ to back into sewing,



I’ve got a finish I can’t show here at present (as it is a Christmas present, pleased I got that done), so here’s a bit of a clue


I’m also returning to daily walks now it’s autumn.  I have been suffering from Achilles Tendonitis in recent months which has meant I haven’t walked as often and only for short walks.  Although it can cause some discomfort now, I don’t want to let it beat me.  I am enjoying the autumnal weather and the colour of the falling leaves.  These trees are near the local supermarket, but the colours against the clear blue sky this afternoon was just amazing.

I hope there will be more chances to see leaves turning before they fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts