09 October 2022

Trip to Yorkshire - Yarndale.

 During our time away in Yorkshire, I went to Yarndale, a wool festival in Skipton.  An amazing display of  hand dyed yarns from different dyers, local community projects, some sheep and alpacas in pens all held in the livestock auction in the town.  I had a timed ticket for the late Sunday morning.

It was the 10th anniversary of the exhibition, which has a different sheep for peach year and here are the sheeps lined up in the second photo below on the far left is Tristen, the sheep (see he has a rosette with 10 on it).




Walking along the first aisle I came across this amazing display of Shrek, Fiona and co, which was in a display outdoors in Hawes during the summer. I thought these looked amazing considering they’d been exposed to the elements. This was a community project by Hawes Yarnbombers to raise money for Yorkshire Air Ambulance. 

This year’s project was to make paper chains in yarn, either by knitting or crochet.  I came across this area with the chains and I had no idea where the chain I made would be but it made a colourful sight.

This was mine, made back in June

During the afternoon some sheep appeared


Followed by a sheep dog (of course!)
I loved the bunting on one of the stalls, this was The Threshing Barn, who sold a lot of different fibres, weaving and spinning accessories.


So I did make some purchases as it would be rude not to.  This photo was taken when I returned home.

Some mini skeins and 100g skeins, some sari and wool fibre and a fair isle hat kit (in the net bag).

Stitch holders and markers, crochet hook, a couple of Christmas themed books and an embroidery kit.

And a really enjoyable day out. I can’t go every year and have found that there are yarn shows a little  closer to home now, but it has a lovely atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts