19 February 2023

Frustrating Week

 If you’ve read one of my posts from January you will know that I have a new phone.  It worked well with the mobile network I was on, but now out of contract I could move to another provider and save a bit of money (it helps these days) and get some points which helps with going out and about.  The new provider works off the same network that I was contracted to so there shouldn’t be a problem, or so I thought.

I transferred my phone number but my phone number could not be verified, which meant that although I could make and receive calls I couldn’t receive or send texts, which a lot of organisations now send for confirmation or authorisation.  Backwards and forwards to the mobile shop they couldn’t rectify the problem and although they highlighted the problem with their technical support it wasn’t resolved. This had gone on for 3 weeks and trying various things, even replacing SIM cards, we gave up and cancelled the contract and now looking at a new provider.  It’s been frustrating having half a service.

ANYWAY you are not here for my mobile woes.  Things can only get better. On a brighter note on Tuesday (Valentines Day) the Amaryllis flowered. One flower

By Friday, there was a second flower

It look beautiful and worth the wait.  There is a third flower bud lurking under these two, but will have to see if it makes and appearance.

I have a start

Here’s an arm of a cat.  This pattern is from a book I’ve had for a while called Cute Crocheted Animals by Emma Varnam. This will be a girl cat called Henrietta.  I have since completed another arm, two legs and starting on the body. I bought Hobbycraft’s WI double knit yarn, but it seems a lot denser than the Stylecraft yarn I’ve used for part of the body, so I’ve doubled the Stylecraft and that seems to work well.
 
I have a finish too.  The colourwork hat that I started last month, has now been blocked and ends sewn in and it looks good.  I did have to sew down the cast of row as it curled up in spite of blocking and heavy pinning out.  I really pleased with this.  It’s the  Lombard Tam. By Virginia Sattler-Reiner. 


Going well and less frustrating is my Harvest cardigan, the body is going well and comparing it with my original cardigan it is definitely the right size - yay! This is the photo taken this morning.
And, with David’s help as due the problems with verifying (as credit organisations like to do to stop fraud)  I took advantage of Toft’s free postage last weekend and earlier this week I ordered two small kits.

The lime green and yellow are for a mini daffodil and the dark green and magenta are for a mini chrysanthemum flower.  The yarn is of course sent by post and the patterns as PDF documents so I can keep them on my iPad and I’ve printed out too. Who could resist a daffodil at this time of year and I can have a mini daffodil when their time has finished! 

Once I get a working phone all will be well in my world! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts