01 March 2023

That’s February Done!

 And March can only get better.  

I have solved the phone frustrations of my last post and got another SIM card with another supplier, and within a few minutes I had a fully working phone - yay! I did have to sacrifice my old phone number but that’s ok and I’ve informed all those who need to know.  But enough of that and on with my makes for this month.

As you can see from the photo above I have crochet a daffodil. I’ve finished this on the last day of February as 1st March is St.David’s day.  As I explained in my last post, this is one of a set of kits of mini flowers by Toft, which I could not resist buying as there was free postage one weekend.   I love daffodils and as soon as they are available I will buy a bunch of daffodils from the supermarket as they bring some cheer to the full winter days.  They are now in flower around the neighbourhood which is lovely to see and a sure sign spring is on the way.

I’ve also been crocheting a cat, pattern from Emma Varnam’s book Cute Crocheted Animals.  I finished the cat last weekend, and she has shoes, but I have to make her a dress. The pattern instructions are really clear and there’s plenty of variety of clothing for the animals. I had to get hold of 1 cm eyes and I found a local shop, which is a doll’s workshop and an Aladdin’s cave of all things dolls and toys, She will have one or two items of clothing as well.



Another finish this month is this my Fair Isle hat.  This was a yarn kit from Lucy Locketland called the Lombard Tam.  I’m quite pleased how this has turned out and I think I might do a bit more colourwork in the future.

Progress has been made on my cardigan which I had to rip back at the beginning of February .  I’ve now got as far the garter rib at the bottom of the cardigan, which is really good.  There will be sleeves to knit but I’m hoping it’ll be finished next month.  


I haven’t done much sewing this month, but felt the need to sew something postcard sized.  Having made  a Julia Gahagan kit last year, I took the idea to made this mini quilt inspired by snowdrops. I took scraps of blue fabrics for the background, appliqué white and green fabrics for the flower then free machined the other details and the word snowdrop. That took a lovely couple of hours.  Thinking of a daffodil one next….


At the West Country Embroiderers group we learned about Shibori dyeing.  Annabelle, the tutor, died the dyeing part but we were able to do the stitching in preparation. The photos below show my two pieces of fabric. Not sure what I’ll do with these pieces.


Another make this month has been a necklace at the TG craft group.  Having made this and pleased how it turned out, I think it will be a craft I won’t pursue as it was quite a strain on the eyes, especially with small rings and beads. 


This week I made an ATC for the monthly swap, the theme being childhood toys.  Having seen that Flo had a spinning top that inspired my to make this picture, I think I should have made more movement in this as I was trying to show to was spinning fast, so it hums.

It looks like I packed a lot in for February. Surprising as it was a short month.

For March I hope the cardigan will be finished and the cat will be fully clothed. I have another flower to crochet.  I also have a quilt as you go quilt to join together and sew up so that will keep me busy in March.

Meanwhile I’m joining Mini Archie’s March Furtle around the Blogosphere 

Archie The Wonder Dog

1 comment:

  1. The re knitted cardi is looking great - hopefully those sleeves will go quickly and you won’t be stranded on sleeve island forever and a day. I love the daffodil and the cat (Mini Archie is askance that she’s there in her underfugs for all the world to see!) and am looking forward to see which clothes you make for her. And the hat! Wow! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts