02 August 2023

Furtling in July

 Well that month went quickly and now into August.  

So last month had two finishes.  Below is Flo’s cardigan, which she is now wearing and really pleased with. The pattern is by Stylecraft and the yarn is King Cole Procewise, which although acrylic was a nice feeling yarn to work with.

Earlier this month I finished the gnome, I tried to keep up before my holiday in June, but it had to wait on my return. He’s worked out well.  This is Gnifty and used a mosaic colourwork technique (in which colours are alternated in each row) for the rather large hat. Got a rather large nose to match! The pattern was a knit along by Imagined Landscapes and I used 4 ply yarn in my stash.

And a new knitting start.  I’m using shades of blue hand dyed yarn to make a short sleeve jumper. This is Seashore Stroll by JST Knitwear Designs.  I tried to do a tension sample in the round which I found difficult so I’m just going for it and starting to knit and checking my gauge. It may mean I might end up un-knitting but see how it goes, it’s a risky venture.


There has been progress, working a short amount of time each day on my cross stitch.  I’ve been working on the bowl.  There is some white spaces to fill, but I will be sewing a different colour for the bowl’s flowers, which should also be white. If you look to the bottom left there are some small squares trying out some shades of peach.


The ATC swap theme this month was monochrome and I was inspired by the small quilt that’s on the wall in my room inspired by Mondrian.


I can’t remember when I made it and it is pieced, there’s no bias strips and I think this was the wrong size for a quilt challenge so it stayed with me and I’m pleased it did.  Anyway, from that inspiration I made these. I’ve kept the black background one.  These were embossed backgrounds with strips of the opposing colour and decorated with these black and white dots.


And I made a birthday card too. I added gold embossed card


I’m seriously not into cardmaking but I’ve been to a couple of workshops at the nearby card craft shop. I hope this is not another slippery slope I’m going on. Below is the one I took last weekend.


I have been sewing and started on a ‘backwards’ quilt.  I’ve made the backing from patches of fleece before I’ve made the half square triangles for the top. I will share photos later this month of the progress and it will be a Project Linus quilt.

I’ve also made blocks for Siblings Together as not making any for ages.  The request was for Economy blocks in creams, browns and blues. I also put in some squares for the nine patch blocks to go with them.



I’ve also been making some scrappy pouches again, which was from a You Tube years ago from the Gourmet Quilter that I’ve made over and over again. They use quilt as you go blocks. In the photo below includes a completed pouch which I use myself,


July also involved a visit to the Romsey Quilters’ exhibition at Romsey Abbey, which happens every 3 years and there is more about the quilts and yarn bombing in this post.

July has been a busy month, which I guess is why it’s gone so quickly!  

As you will see from the top of my post are a lot of hexagons.  I’m going to take part in #100hexies100days2023 on Instagram. I’ve posted about this on my last post.  Not sure what will become of them, but it’ll be fun making them.

I’m not going to Festival of Quilts this year but hope that all those going are inspired. 

I’m linking up with Mini Archie’s July Furtle Around the Blogosphere.

Archie The Wonder Dog

1 comment:

  1. What a busy month! Flo’s cardi and Gnifty are gorgeous, as are the cards and blocks. Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* and thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts