28 July 2023

July Catch Up

 

It’s racing towards the end of July, but as you will find on my earlier posts I have been writing about the Scottish touring holiday that David and I undertook last month. July has been a bit of a catch up month after coming back. 

A few days after returning my friend Brenda and I went on a trip with Canford Heath Townswomen’s Guild to Sidmouth.  The weather started cloudy and it got considerably worse! All those months of planning and it was the only bad day of the week! First stop was at the Donkey Sanctuary.where we had a couple of hours for refreshments and to see the donkeys.  I’ve never been there before and surprised how big the place was. The pictures below was in one of the barns, where they were waiting to have their hooves inspected and trimmed.


Outside the yard there’s a lovely little memorial garden, a nice place to sit. That was a donkey figure, not a real one.

As the weather was worsening, some took shelter under the trees.

As we left it started to rain and when we were at Sidmouth town it rained and rained…
I don’t think the toys in the beach toy library got much of an outing.
I might like to go back and visit again, but when the day is nicer to appreciate more.

At the end of the week another trip out, but I drove myself and friends from Bourne Quilters to Romsey and the exhibition at Romsey Abbey.  Romsey Quilters had a Fabric Fiesta with traders and the local quilt shop Green Hill Patchwork and Quilting opened their doors too (they don’t open on Sundays). 

I wasn’t going to buy fabric (no, I’ve got enough of my own!) but as there was a heavy discount on a pack of fat quarters I did succumb! The pack was called Bookworm, by Lewis and Irene fabrics. I later went into Green Hill shop and bought 3 fat quarters of fabric there. 

Outside the street bollards we’re yarn bombed





It really did brighten up the town’s streets.

On to Romsey Abbey. I always think it’s a lovely setting for the quilts and these are just a few of the pictures that I took.







The last picture are of cushions made by Year 5 pupils at a local school (9 - 10 year olds) of a local school. Fabrics were provided by Lewis and Irene (the design company is local to the town) and some of the Romsey Quilters helped the pupils.

I have been making progress on some things and hope to have a finish for the end of the month and possibly a new start too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts