06 November 2023

It Did Get Worse Before it Got Better

 It’s November


My mini Toft Chrysanthemum is displayed with some chrysanthemum print fabric for this month’s Monthly Marker.  November is birthday month and birth flower, so it seemed fitting to use the photo. 

Anyway October was busy with new carpet in the hall, stairs and landing after floor repair on the landing. A visit to an exhibition (more of that to follow in another post), more hexagons, and some knitting - though no finishes. Photos in my last post here

To start with is the knitting and progress is going well on the pink cardigan. Back and fronts done and first sleeve in progress so going well.  I’m using King Cole Pricewise yarn and Stylecraft pattern 9586.


I started some socks as part of The Bakery Bears’ “Sockoween” and using a Bakery Bears pattern, which is a Patreon Pattern, called Hobbity socks.  One down and I’m on the instep gusset of the second, so not a finish but good progress. The photo below shows the up to the heel stitches.


I started a new project, which only yesterday has come to a halt.  I had started a crochet Granny stitch cardigan, pattern by Iron Lamb and got so far with it but found another pattern, which is on You Tube by Kelly, Craft and a Cuppa and called the Granny Hexagon cardigan. This consists of two heaxagon pieces to make the body and sleeves, joined together then the sleeves and added length are crocheted after.   


Having joined the 2 halves together I was running out of the yarn, which is Hayfield Bonus Breeze and I bought this a few months ago from Hobbycraft, however this yarn is now no longer available and I tried various websites and it appears that this is discontinued so I’ll have to think how I’ll finish this.  An option is to get a few balls of Stylecraft Batik which seems to have the stone wash appearance and the colours that would go well with the colours of the cardigan.  Whereas 400grams for a cardigan is ok, crochet eats up so much more yarn.  There’s a challenge.

There’s not been much sewing this month other than continuing the #100hexies100 days, which is heading towards its end.  Just 2 more weeks to go.  Later this month I will post about this project.  I have been sewing them into their ‘flowers’ as I go. 

Week 10 - Micro Mini.  I chose this Bookworm Fabric by Lewis and Irene, for the small books and plants, not sure if that was Mini enough but I enjoyed pulling these together.


Week 11 - Berry Cute.  I didn’t have enough berry fabrics, so some lemon slices went with these hexies.


Week 12 -  Celebration.  I used my favourite Cocktail Party fabric by Lewis and Irene for a bit of fizz for this subject.

Week 13 - Gratitude.  For this theme I used a quilt label panel from (what was) Sewing Street from Festival of Quilts a few years back.  I also added some stamped fabric using a stamp set from Flying Tiger, again bought a few years ago.


And an ATC - the theme this month was Architecture
 

And my inspiration was a window in Bath 


It’s now 6 November and I hadn’t posted the blog at last month end so my apologies for the delay.

There will be a postscript about the crochet cardigan, which is now finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts