09 December 2023

Plans For 2024

 As the end of 2023 is not far away, I’ve been thinking about what I want to do in 2024.  Some projects will run from this year to the next and I try not to be drawn into the next big thing on social media and also to use what I have. It makes sense to use the resources I have before buying more and I have got a lot I can draw on

So I have a new sparkly new project which is a Crochet Along (CAL) and I have purchased a yarn pack, so that is my treat for the new year.  This the Sungold blanket by Lucy of Attic 24 . It would seem I’ve fallen of the ‘using what I’ve got’ perch already, but this will certainly brighten the dark, post-Christmas days of winter. This CAL will start of 5 January.


I bought some Aran yarn last year to make a cardigan for David. I made a start a few weeks ago but it is hibernating until the Christmas holidays.  As it has a lot of cables I think it will take a while, being interspersed with the crochet blanket too, but he’s in no hurry.

For embroidery I have made myself a new fabric book and intend to concentrate on stitches.  I used wadding ‘pages’ and neutral coloured fabrics have been sewn in readiness. 


When it was my birthday last month I bought a pdf pattern from EmBeaRoidery of my star sign. This time I will be using thread from stash and onto some Moda Grunge fabric.


I will be continuing to add to my paper craft project based on Botany. I bought the book kit in October from Craft 4 Crafters, by Janie’s Originals.  The book cover and pages made, just need to add to the pages. I have been collected pieces to add to the book.


Added to my fabric stash has been smaller pieces of fabrics from my Mum as she no longer quilts. The larger pieces went to my local Project Linus group to use.  I have made a top, yet to be quilted, which will also go to them once I’ve done that and there may be more quilts to follow. This was started from the blue squares that were already cut out.

I also have a plethora of quilted items which may go to Linus as well, but next year I will be contacting family to see if any things, like wall hangings will appeal.  I’ve been finding that there’s so much stuffed in the wardrobe that’s not seen the light of day for a while and it’s time to move on.

Also it’s time to move on my skills. Sarah (my daughter) wants to know how to crochet and I have a crochet starter book that she can also work from (though there also some good You Tube tutorials out there too).  Doing a lot of crafty things with her daughter makes her want to try new things.  My daughter in law wanted to learn to knit during lockdown but all I could pass on were needles, yarn and more tutorials, so it would be good to teach her to knit (or maybe crochet).

I’m sure this list is not exhaustive, so there will be plenty to keep me busy for the start of 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts