01 December 2023

November Furtling

 It’s December 


No avoiding it now, we’re heading for Christmas 🎅 

There has been some Furtling in November.  I finished my #100hexies100days challenge and wrote a blog post about it here. Below are photos of the last couple of weeks of the challenge.


Above is Sweet and Salty, the colours remind me of Refreshers sweets. Below is Free form and I chose some Japanese inspired fabrics for the last hexies.

I’m taking out and finishing another cross stitch.  I have no idea when I started this one, but the copyright of the pattern is 2000, so it’s this side of the Millenium! It was picked up like this



Below is how it looks now.  There’s another cat peeping to the left, a paw print on the bottle right, a pincushion and more detail on the machine.


I’ve made a quilt from half square triangles, the coloured squares started out at 6”. This was backed with large scraps of fleece. That’s finished and passed onto Project Linus.

I also made a quilt top, when. I found small blue squares already cut. This was from my Mum’s stash (she no longer quilts). I added the white fabrics to them, then larger green squares, bordered with dark green.  I will find some fleece to back this one.

I’ve also done some secret sewing (time of year, so I can’t show just yet).

I’ve made a crochet hexie cardigan for myself, which I wrote about earlier this month here.
I followed a You Tube tutorial by Craft and a Cuppa, though there is a paid pattern too.


Progress has been made on Sarah’s cardigan, all the pieces knitted ready to be sewn together and button bands to be done. I hope to get that finished next week.  Again there is more secret knitting on the needles that I can’t show here just yet.
 

I also made a pair of socks for myself as part of ‘Sockoween’ last month. They are short socks using the Hobbity stitch pattern, which is a Patreon pattern by Kay Jones of The Bakery Bears.  I used yarn from stash by local yarn dyer, Country Mouse Yarns (shop of Etsy). I would normally knit magic loop with circular needles, but this time I used double pointed needles. A bit more cumbersome for me so my next socks are being knitted on magic loop again. Look below and see how that large orange stripe goes across both feet!



Some paper crafting has taken place too.  Local card shop had a workshop at the beginning of the month and I wanted to learn colour effects as done by Cardio Crafts.  I quite enjoyed that but I’m not giving the card away. I think I need a bit more practice with blending the inks


This month’s ATC theme is Christmas, so a tea bag folded Christmas tree will be in the post (it’s a type of paper folding and no tea bags were used in the making of this!  This was a gold painted background with green ombré paper folded and little sticky gems for the ‘lights’


And as you will see above an Iris folded card which used the ombré paper pink/purple and green/blue which gave a lovely pastel effect, which is my monthly marker.  All these paper makes may not make much difference this year’s Christmas but I hope will get me ahead for next Christmas (possibly).


Another Christmas make is this fabric folded cone, which I made at TG craft group.  I hadn’t put my name down for this workshop but there was a space.


Now in the spirit of Christmas I’ve made a Christmas pudding, which is in the slow cooker as I write this.  The cake might be made tomorrow as the dried fruit is marinating in fruit juice and a little Sherry.  Tomorrow is the Townswomen’s Guild regional federation Christmas Carol service in Dorchester.  Next week we’re getting the decorations up and I’m really beginning to look forward to the festivities. 

So November, besides being a birthday month was a busy one too.

Looking forward further I’ve recently started an Aran cardigan for David using those gert big 400g balls of yarn (just 2 needed for his cardigan) which doesn’t make it a portable knit, but postponed now until after the Christmas holiday.  Hopefully share more of that next month.

And lastly I bought one of these
The crochet along (CAL) will start at the beginning of next month.

Joining Mini Archie for the November Furtle Around the Blogosphere.

Archie The Wonder Dog

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, all that in one month plus other, secret stuff too! Lovely finishes (and a very clever (or fortuitous?) orange stripe on those lovely socks), hooray *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts