19 March 2024

A Wee Bit of Sewing

 Saturday 16 was (Inter)National Quilting Day and a long time ago my friend and myself arranged a Quilters’ Day.  But these days I’m on my own and this year I had a project to finish.  Back in 2008 I went on a quilt retreat in Devon (post about this here)and made a quilt and large project bag and I decided it was time to make another. I started the week before (it was raining again, perfect sewing weather) to make a large sew and flip panel, part of which was cut to form gusset pieces for side.

Above is the old bag.


This is the new bag in progress with strips around he side gusset panels


Now with the fabric strips, handles and top strips.


It even sports a pocket, look at all those elephants on the lining fabric. I look forward to using this next time I’m at the embroidery group.  While at the machine some strips turned into a quilted square for a pouch once I get some zips.

Sunday was spent quilting some quilt as you go blocks, some of which were sewn last year and had been layered up ready to machine quilt (very basic, just quilt in the ditch). Five were already done so I had seven more to do.  I’ve laid the blocks out on the spare bed so I have time to rearrange. As you can see the colour scheme is pink, red and purple with low volume white background.  The backs of the blocks are purple, lilac pink and red. Watch this space for more progress on this.


There will be some knitting coming up soon as a clown is making progress.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the thoughtful and well-researched nature of your content. Experience Aviator game insights firsthand on our blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts