29 March 2024

Happy Easter 🐣

 And today a make was gifted!  I finished a clown for Cecily, my youngest granddaughter, for her 5th birthday. This was Mr Fortywinks, Mark 3 as I’ve already made one years back for my eldest granddaughter when she was young in 2016 (she’s 17 now) and for Flo a couple of years ago. In between I’ve made Godfrey Gadabout for the eldest’s sister in 2017. The patterns are quite old now and designed by the late Jean Greenhowe. All the links above relate to my posts about the individual clowns. I hope I’m done with clowns for a while. 

As my reward I treated myself to a kit from Lucy Locketland of Florrie the Chicken Mad Fox 🦊.  She did look really cute. This kit uses a patterns for fox and clothes by Julie Williams of Little Cotton Rabbits (do have a look at her blog, the latest post shows her making more animals and photos of nature too). The kit came within a few days and everything, yarn, patterns and woollen stuffing were all included along with a couple of chicken stitch markers.

So far as at today I’ve made a head, one ear, arms and a tail of the body and knitted (but not sewn up) the dress.  These pieces are quite intricate and there are some new to me things to learn, like the backwards and forwards cast on stitches to increase. 

So this will be my project over Easter.  I’ll go through my projects at the month end, coming up on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts