03 March 2024

Tale of Two Blankets

 I’ve finished a second lap blanket today.  This was using the Sungold yarn pack from Wool Warehouse and patterns by Lucy of Attic 24. I started with the Crochet A Long (CAL) in January to make a lap sized version of the Sungold blanket pattern.  At the same time as I was crocheting the instalments of this blanket I also started on another one but using the Dahlia stitch pattern. Having gone onto the Attic24 and more Facebook group, there had been several people who were have previously made two lap blankets with a yarn pack (there are 15 assorted Stylecraft yarn colours in this pack).


The normal sized blanket would fit a single bed, which is quite large. Fortunately in the pattern Lucy gives the stitch count and number of stripes for different sizes of blankets, be it cot size or king size. 

Part 7 of the CAL were the instructions for the border rows, which I worked on the first blanket and the first time in this I played yarn chicken with the Lavender and Gold colours and won, with tiny bits left.  I consequently had to change the colour order of the border on the second blanket.


The Dahlia stitch is ever so slightly bigger than the Sungold, so I did less stripes but the same stitch count and are slightly different in size, but that is ok with me.  The Sungold is 54.5” long x 34.5” wide and the Dahlia is 52” long x 37” wide. Here they both are side by side.



They are fabulously colourful and cosy, I will miss working on them, but will love cosying under one of them when it’s a bit cool in the evenings. 

And there’s still a bit of the yarn pack left so that can be added to my yarn stash.


If you haven’t had a go at a crochet blanket then Lucy’s patterns are easy to follow with comprehensive instructions. I also love her use of colour, so these blankets were an enjoyable project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts