14 June 2024

Hello 👋 I’m still here!

 June has been a trying month so far.  Further to my last post when I was diagnosed with Bursitis it turns out I have osteoarthritis in my left knee following a fall.  If that wasn’t enough I had a dose of Coronavirus early last week which is taking its time leaving nearly 2 weeks later. 

 Enough of that though, I am plodding along with David’s cardigan and have completed back, 2 fronts, one sleeve with a second one in progress. This was started back in November and I want to get those of the needles as soon as. You know when you’ve had enough of something just to want to get it out of the way. 

 But I have a finished item - yay!!  I have finished the purple quilt as you go quilt.  End of last week I sewed the binding on and yesterday spent time sewing in ends.  So glad that that I’ve finally finished this after starting over 10 years ago. Here it is with my quilt-holder-upper (David)

And the back


I made the binding before I became ill which were leftover strips of the fabrics used in the quilt.  I sewed the binding onto the quilt on Monday as my machine has an on/off button so I didn’t use the pedal. Yesterday I spent the time sewing ends of the quilted blocks.  I don’t have a home for this quilt yet, so it’s staying on the spare bed for the moment.

I’ve had a surprise today as I received a postcard from my Instagram friend Barbara.  She wasn’t sure of the house number on my address, so after being returned to the Royal Mail (as there was a torn off red sticker on it) it seemed to have been  delivered to another house down the road and the people there kindly popped it through the letter box.  It has really cheered me up.


Hoping for a good weekend and things try to get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts