03 September 2024

End of August

It’s now 3rd September and I started this post last week …

It’s been a month of finishes this month so this post is a round up of what I’ve been up to.

First of all the purple/pink quilt that I completed in June now has a new home as my granddaughter chose this as a present for her 18th birthday. She loved it as soon as she saw it.  Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of her with it as she disappeared to her room straight away! 


Two Linus quilts were finished, one from a kit from the Dorchester group


Another from a UFO from my scrap box


I rescued another UFO from the scrap box and made this little quilt. It was a quilt as you go sample but I made it into a useable size by extending it (more about that here).


Lastly, for the sewing, I put a binding on this little wall hanging. I’ve yet to find a home.


Knitting and crochet finishes have been this Neat Ripple lap size blanket using up oddments of DK yarn from previous blanket makings.


Not sure of its destination yet,  but I’ve enjoyed making it.  Maybe I might make another as it was a relaxing  it of crochet.

And a pair of socks. These are the Fairground sock pattern by Kay Jones. 


And this week I started and finished a baby cardigan and hat for friends who will become grandparents for the first time in October. I can’t show the photos just yet, so it’ll have to wait,

Today, 3/9/2024
I made a start last week on a new project, which I’ve nicknamed ‘the school jumper!’.  I said to my granddaughter that I would knit her a new cardigan, but she wanted a jumper, what’s more a plain jumper and chose the school jumper pattern, but it has got colourful yarn. This is James C Brett Aurora, colour AU12 (that’s imaginative!). The back has been made and this week I’ve cast on the front.


My ATC swap I’ve made in August is themed ‘Under The Sea’.  I used watercolour for the background and cut out and glued fishes from fabric in my stash. With organza and glitter weed and scrim for the sea bed I was quite pleased with my efforts for this month.

September will see me digging out blocks to make scrap quilts, more on the school jumper and maybe a new bit of crochet.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!