11 March 2012

An Early International Quilting Day

Yesterday was the International Quilting Day event run by Pauline's Patchworks of Dorchester at the Memorial Hall in Sturminster Marshall.  It is a week earlier than the official date of 17 March, but due to the hall being booked next week, it took place Friday and yesterday.  We were kept quite busy with a general knowledge quiz, a big workshop session making a felt flower and bag, lunch and demonstrations.  Pauline and Sarah had also bought their shop and teacher Stevie demonstrated photo editing software and there was another trader with beads. It was all well organised and ran like clockwork.  It was an enjoyable day to catch up with people that I know as well.

Here's the little bag and the corsage that we made

  Luckily I still had some of the beads from the Three Corner Workshop day in my workbox to add to the middle of the flower.

I took part in the challenge of making a postcard on the theme of Spring  - how could I not make one! Here it is

Made just on Friday night, it's my interpretation of Clemetis Montana which is an early flowering variety.  There weren't many entries, just 6 and to my surprise I won second prize with............. some fabric! A lovely roll of 6 fat quarters all in Spring like colours.  As you can see it was too nice to unwrap, but I did!

I could not resist the urge to buy one fat quarter of fabric too, it had welly boots, not sure what I'm going to use that for but it looks good.
I'm going to celebrate International Quilting Day again next week with a small group of friends just having a gathering to sew.

2 comments:

  1. I bought the willies at NEC last year, isn't it fun. It has been cut into 8" squares and is going into I spy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wellie fabric. Who makes it? Your banner is done. Just got to get to a post office, which will be soon. Sorry it's taken so long.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts