29 September 2013

What's happened to September?

Tomorrow is the end of the month and I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks.  The sewing room has felt deserted since I started work a couple of weeks ago.  That in itself has been tiring as I'm doing a lot of training and will have another training course tomorrow morning.  I have done a bit of postcard making with the birthday swap cards done up to the end of the year and preparing some cards for a big Christmas swap in December (I've got 10 to make so far as the swap has not been closed).  I can show any of those yet.

My son, Alex turned 30 last week and today had a family gathering at my youngest son, Jamie's house. A mad house today with 7 adults, 4 children and 3 cats, but the children all play well and a good time was had by all.  Didn't take any photos apart from some mobile pics of the grandchildren.

Looking forward to the end of this coming week when on my day off on Friday I'm going to a workshop tutored by Susan Denton, an art quilter, about colour, then on Saturday a Quilters' Guild day at Hamworthy Club, where Susan is giving a talk followed by Sara Price on antique quilts. 

So, want to see some more Cornwall pics?  Just a brief synopsis of the last part of our holiday (doesn't look like any more hols until Christmas, but will be sneaking in the odd weekend away).

Toward the end of our hols we visited The Lost Gardens of Heligan, been meaning to see this and it did not disappoint.  We were given map and small compass to find our way around but gave up of the compass and followed the map. LOADS of photos taken, but don't want to bore you...


The Mud Maiden
The Grey Lady
Tree Fern in the Jungle
Showing charcoal burning
Charred wood sculpture
Insect Hotel (this had just been constructed)
A wildflower meadow with views over the to sea near Mevagissey
On our way home we headed towards the north Cornwall coast to Tintagel.  The views were really dramatic.  The weather was really sunny, but with the stiff breeze it was quite cold.

A view to the cove from the visitor centre at Tintagel Castle
The ruins
Looking from the headland up the coas

Looking towards Tintagel Castle and the village
Could not resist taking a photo of the path (quilting possibilities?)    

The Old Post Office in Tintagel

There were several samplers, but this was the best photo I could get

From the garden of the Old Post Office
It was nice to look back at the photos from our holiday I hope you enjoyed them too.  Hopefully I'll try and join up for Fresh Sewing Day to show my progress with the Christmas postcards.

1 comment:

  1. looks lovely, especially Tintagel thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts