So it's been the perfect weekend for sewing. Carrying on from the blocks I first started on New Years Day I now have a tally of 13 blocks plus my first one where I thought I should swap blocks and colours around and looks as though I lost it. All the blocks are 8.5" square.
My apologies for the colour choices I was grabbing anything I had complete fat quarters for. It's amazing how in my stash I cut into fabrics so I don't have complete fat quarters
This is the first block
A bit bonkers isn't it
Got a bit better as I went along
I still have quite a few triangles left, though wish the cutting plan had more small squares which would have been useful so I cut some more from spare fabric. This project has kept me busy on New Years Day, yesterday's sewing afternoon at Wimborne and today.
I read a few blogs last night and came across Sarah from Sew Me -
who wrote about the Blessed Bee and clear instructions for making a Greek Cross block, 12.5" square. So I had to have a go at that.
Not a bad weekends bit of sewing.
Sue W- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad