03 January 2016

It's a New Year

Getting back into the swing of things, post Christmas and New Year.  My Mum left hospital on New Year's Day and is recovering at home with my sister looking after her and Dad, which is good news.

The decorations came down yesterday and all packed away in the loft until next Christmas so that was one job done. Today was spent in my room doing some sewing, though in the respite from the rain this afternoon David and I ventured to Kingston Lacy for a walk followed by a cup of tea.

This is what I managed on New Years Day.  A bit late for Christmas maybe but never got around before.
I got these as a birthday present back in November. They do look sweet but the last bit of making up was made with glue gun and the glue goes everywhere except where you want it! So the face on one was too high and the other too low.

Another thing I left too late to present at Christmas, so finished for next are notebook covers 

These are for a couple of A5 spiral bound notebooks.
The pockets are on the inside covers.

Remember the Grand Illusion Mystery by Bonnie Hunter in December 2014?  I made some of the units and seeing what I could make with them.  I've taken one unit and quilted into a 12.5" block


And I also had a false patchwork panel from which I'd cut a square to make a cushion cover quite a while ago and had this L shape piece left. I joined together and to make another with a border to make another 12.5" panel
I will eventually send these to Alison at Little Island Quilting who collects blocks to make into quilts for children's home abroad. 

Here are the backs of the blocks

The funny thing is that the pink looking fabric is actually another shade of blue. The left is the back of the Grand Illusion block and right is the back of the patchwork panel block.

I also found a pink patchwork panel in my scrap box so made that into another 12.5" block but not layered up yet. I've added some pink floral fabric which I had in a pack of fabric but couldn't think how I would use it.


Good to get back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts