31 August 2017

August Treats and Another Exhibition

The last day of August ought to finish with a blog post.  Following the Festival of Quilts one thing about the Festival is that there was only one book seller whereas in years past there would have been 3 or 4, so they were quite busy.  So following FoQ I went onto Amazon to buy 3 books that I wanted. At the same time I found on Facebook that Truly Hooked was selling some of her yarn boxes from a subscription club that she runs.  So a few clicks and a skein of yarn was bought too, oops.



I have wound this into a ball now and thinking about what to knit.  In with the yarn were three darning needles from HiyaHiya, which Ive started using for weaving in ends and they are so smooth.

 The first of my books, Stitched, by Aneela Hoey, with stitched pouches and containers.


The second and third books came later.  I liked Beth Studley's patterns so bought her book.  The magnetic bunting would be really useful.  I also had to buy a textile art book Layer, Paint and Stitch and when I (ahem!) get time I'd like to investigate further.  Recently I've not had anytime to do any arty stuff so paints and stuff have been sitting idle in the cupboard or drawers, so it would be good to have a decent amount of time to 'play'.

I subscribe to Crochet Now magazine and the latest magazine came with a a hedgehog kit, which looked most odd as it was vacuum packed.

Looks sad, doesn't it, but it came out ok once I cut the pack open!

At the end of last week on Saturday I visited the Church House in Wimborne to visit the Happy Patcher's exhibition.  A small exhibition, but very well presented, so here are a few pics of some of the things I saw.




There were some themed quilts as there were group challenges, one being Under The Sea which produced several fishy quilts. Another, in the second pic, was Sew a Row, making a rows of blocks with different techniques.

Apart from a couple of secret makes and a sneak peek of a mini quilt that I'm working on for a swap.

That's it for August.  A reveal will come when the swap is done.

September will be a busy month with my daughter's wedding coming up on the 9th, but hope a little time out in September too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts