25 July 2018

Would You Like a Postcard?

I made one fabric postcard for a 'swap with a difference' for UKQU postcard swap.  Postcards from members of this Facebook group will be on display at the West Country Quilt Show at the end of August before being sent to swappers.  The theme was Spring and Summer and I opted for a summery postcard.

The weather here has been hot and sunny with really clear blue skies and I had just the background fabric which I had 'dyed' with fabric paint quite some time ago.  My inspiration came from an Issue of Stitch magazine from 2015 with a design by Mary McIntosh which showed a corner view of a sunflower, although the techniques were very different to what I was doing.


This was the card that I made and sent to the coordinator of the swap.


I enjoyed making this so much that I made another!  Here they are, the second one is on the left



IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS POSTCARD THEN LEAVE A COMMENT AT THE END OF THIS POST!
The closing date is 31 July - and will announce the winner on 1 August.


I took time to take photos for a tutorial so I will post about this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts